1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motor mounts

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Presto, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    For my last car (2k3 Nissan Spec-V), there was a person on a board I frequented that made motor mount inserts that were stiffer than stock. It was used to keep the engine from moving too much during hard acceleration. By keeping the engine more stable, the rest of the drivetrain received more stability, and ultimately, it reduced wheel-hop to nil. The downside is that more vibrations transferred into the body/frame of the vehicle.

Would the Prius get some benefit out of this? Perhaps smoother hard accelerations with less slip?

2. Piusmilitis

Piusmilitis Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Jun 20 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]465432[/snapback]</div>

Ok my srt-4 needed motor mounts because it had wheel hop, but is wheel hop really an issue for that prius? How many prius drivers are smoken thier tires off the line. I don't think I have ever heard a Prius driver say "Man I could get another half second off my quarter time if it wasn't for that damn wheel hop!"

3. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    An answer to a question nobody asked?

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Piusmilitis @ Jun 21 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]465922[/snapback]</div>

There's no wheel hop on the Prius since it has the traction control that cuts the power before the tire can spin. Even if the Prius can't burn out, would motor mounts help to keep the tires more firmly planted on the ground? That's all I really want to know so I'm throwing it out there :).