1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motoroal E815 - Contacted Motorola

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fulostix, Nov 7, 2005.

1. fulostix

fulostix Junior Member

I finally got in touch with Motorola about possibly releasing an OPP update to the E815 handset. They responded with the following

"Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support, we appreciate your request.

Thank you very much for your considerations and interest in our products.

Regarding your concern, we are sorry to inform you that for the time being we do not have any news on an upgrade for the E815 firmware that would include the Object Push Profile. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.

So as it turns out, I think we are pretty much SOL until someone hacks it.

2. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

For that we probably are, but you know there are workarounds, right? PC, or PDA, or another Bluetooth phone (from eBay or wherever). See my signature for the PDA method. I'm fully up-and-running with my e815! :D

3. tag

tag Senior Member

As Wayne mentioned, there are a ton of workarounds but, WOW!.......interesting choice of words in that e-mail from Motorola:

I mean, they stated that they 'don't have any news on an upgrade that would include OPP'. That's interesting because the Bluetooth Qualification Program web site lists OPP (Client and Server) as qualified profiles for the E815. Thus, it might be even more interesting to see what the response would be if they were asked what was done to disable (or otherwise remove) OPP after the qualification process. Here's the information from QualWeb:

Created Date : 2005-06-17
    Product ID: E815-8720_02, E815-BM_x_1.7.1P
    Qualified profile:
    - DUN-GW
    - FT-Server
    - GAP
    - HandsFree-AG
    - Headset-AG
    - OPP-Client
    - OPP-Server

4. tag

tag Senior Member

5. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

Yes, it will be interesting. I'm not too surprised at the response above, though... I wouldn't expect them to override Verizon's cripple even if they could. All that would do is piss off Verizon, and there's no benefit in that! ;)