1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola 551 - the Moto Story

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by macreative, Dec 29, 2004.

1. macreative

macreative New Member

What I Really like about the new Moto

• I had the V600 and it went crashing into the cement about 30 feet below my balcony. So it died. Cingular Replaced it with the New V551. The first V551 I had did in fact have that "White Screen of Death" so they again, replaced yet another phone. Now I have my second, most updated, V551.

The phone DOES ring in BOTH the Prius and the phone, but I have noticed that when it rings the second time, through the Prius, the sounds seems to come from more places than just the left front speaker. Yes, it could be my hearing. I am glad it works through the Prius though, it is easier to hear for sure.

Only Pitfals that I can see

• Im Happy with the new V551 Motorola. I recommend it.

Happy New Year Everyone!

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have the Moto 710 and it could do what your phone does but Verizon does not let it. And yes I am bitter and I am waiting to leave. I agree my Motorola phone has good reception. It does not play well with the Prius. OK I am on an old kick Prius owner complain early and often to Verizon, then leave them and tell them why.

3. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    If I were you, I'd complain to Verizon via email, on their feedback form. Whenever you get a response, respond to it. They have actual humans do these, and after the 5th or 6th response, you'll be thru the form letters, and then you can really have some fun.

And if you're stubborn enough, and keep at it, they'll let you off your contract early. Took me 2 or 3 days.

Enjoy.

-jon