1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola A780?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by petteri, Apr 26, 2005.

1. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

Perhaps someone outside the USA or someone with the tech. specs on the Motorola A780 can answer this question. Will the A780 work with the Prius? Thanks!

Motorola A780

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Does the phone itself work in the USA?

If the Motorola supports bluetooth, and the appropriate protocols, should work.

3. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Yes, it is a Quad-band phone (GSM 850,900,1800,1900, the USA uses 850 and 1900) that has Bluetooth support, I just don't know the exact protocols that it supports. I don't want to even think about paying for this phone and then finding out that it doesn't sync with the Prius. I'm looking for a PDA/Phone and the Palm/Treo 650 seems to have issues with the Prius.

4. tag

tag Senior Member

[web:a80fd5ba3d]http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1955[/web:a80fd5ba3d]

5. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Wow, great find! Thanks. I take it then that this phone should work, as I see both HandsFree and OPP-Client. Thanks again Tag.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(petteri\";p=\"84914)</div>
    Yes, the latter being rather conspicuously absent from the V710's qualified profile. Anyway, I like that A780; clamshell design, 50MB of internal memory, TF slot, integrated PDA, etc., etc......

7. Cyndrax

Cyndrax New Member

Yeah, the one thing I don't like about the A780 is the heinous price to pick up one in the US... /shudder

8. petteri

petteri New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well, I went ahead and got the phone. I really love the phone. It works with the Prius, but with the following limitations. I was really hoping for "all at once" contacts transfer, but it doesn't seem to be able to do this via Bluetooth. There is no signal strength displayed and no ring. That said, I still LOVE this phone. It's a fully functional PDA/phone in one small package. This phone is now for sale in the UK so a more "western" oriented firmware may change some of the bluetooth profiles. This phone was only for sale in China (Taiwan and Hong Kong also) so that may explain some of the missing Bluetooth protocols. For those who cannot get their Treo to work at all with the Prius, you might want to consider this phone.