1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola E815 Bluetooth - Verizon

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fulostix, Nov 3, 2005.

1. fulostix

fulostix Junior Member

Does anyone know if the Bluetooth functionality of the Motorola E815 phone through Verizon works properly? Can I transfer the phonebook, etc.? I want to purchase the phone, but I don't want to go through the hassle if it does not work.

THanks

2. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Currently Verizon cripples transfer functions of their bluetooth phones. They are supposedly reconsidering that practice.

3. Wayne

Wayne Active Member

"Properly" is a matter of perspective... It is one of the most-capable Verizon phones, but it is a Verizon phone. Verizon cripples the Bluetooth transfer of the phone book because they want to sell you the transfer of your phone book, but of course they don't transfer phone books to cars. So, they kind of leave you hanging.

You have many choices -- find a PC or PDA workaround (see my sig for the PDA method), or buy a non-Verizon phone off eBay just to do the transfer, or switch carriers.

I have an E815, and it is wonderful once you decide what you will do about the Verizon phone book.

4. fulostix

fulostix Junior Member

Cool thanks for the info!! What about the E815 "hacks" that I have been reading about. Will they enable OBEX to transfer the phonebook

5. tag

tag Senior Member

Not yet. There is an "OPP Hacking Challenge" on HoFo. Presumably, the first person to come up with a hack that fully enables OPP on the E815 will get 500 bucks.

Better bet, though, is on another carrier offering the phone in the near future (like Bell Mobility) and then flashing with that carrier's s/w. Someone will probably figure out how to get it to work, sooner or later, because the relevant profile definitely exists (unlike the V710).