1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola e815 vs LG VX9800

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by havanese_boy, Nov 15, 2005.

1. havanese_boy

havanese_boy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have read alot about the e815 on this forum, but what about the new LG VX9800?

I would enjoy hearing from anyone that uses either one in their Prius and it would be great to hear from someone that switched from the e815 to the LG VX9800.

I am able to get my "new in 2 year (aka 100 rebate)" deal with Verizon at the end of this month and I want to get a phone that would last for the next two years as well as work well with my Prius.

I understand that neither will let me transfer my phonebook.

2. engunneer

engunneer Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I personally like the Motorola Brand over LG. Most LG phones feel cheap (flimsy) to me, though the software often seems better.

Sorry that my opinion is only based on brand, and not model. Hopefully you can at least use somoene else's phone to transfer your phonebook to the Prius!

$0.02

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Perhaps you should also go to Howard Forums and ask there. You'll get some other replies there, although maybe not Prius related.

I use the e815 and am happy with it. When the phone rings, I do not get Caller ID on the MFD and only the phone rings. When I hit the phone button on the steering wheel, the audio mutes.

4. tag

tag Senior Member

I'll second the HoFo suggestion. That's the place for phone comparisons. Try the following links:

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=294 (for Moto)

http://www.howardforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=295 (for LG)

Between the two handsets, there is at least a chance that we'll wind up with a hack that will enable OPP on the e815. I don't think that's going to happen with the VX9800. Also, as you're probably already aware, little bit of a difference in price there. I mean, with your NE2, the e815 will be free while you'll be shelling out circa $200 for the VX9800.

FWIW