1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola i9 / 2005 Prius Bluetooth get no ring sound, nothing until connected

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mdawg, Apr 27, 2009.

1. mdawg

mdawg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The first problem I am having is the "horn" sound, documented in this forum already.

but beyond that, I am noticing that when I dial from the phone, everything is just dead (no ringing sound, nothing) until the call is connected and the person is talking at the other end. (Usually saying, Hello? Hello? which makes me think that there is some lag going on before I even get the navigation screen showing me the "conversation" is going on.)

2. mdawg

mdawg New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, when I dial from the navigation system, it works fine - but when I use the phone itself to dial the call, I get the problem. Today I tried it again and same thing - dial using the phone and you get no ringing, no sound, nothing - until the call is connected and the person at the other end is saying Hello? Hello?

So...Motorola i9 doesn't work too well with my Prius bluetooth.

I got a Plantronics Voyager Pro bluetooth handset today, and it works perfectly with the i9.

Also, before, I had used a Samsung Instinct with the Prius - no such problems.

So - yes - the issue is in how the Motorola i9 interacts with the Prius bluetooth, but I am not sure how it could be resolved.