1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola V325i

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jnjstanley, Nov 28, 2006.

1. jnjstanley

jnjstanley New Member

Hey Gang--

Has anyone had success in getting the Motorola V325i to fully integrate and work on the Prius (2005)? I am failing miserably.

2. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I was looking at this phone to purchase. What is happening that it fails? Will it pair with the car? Being Verizon, I am 99% certain you will not be able to transfer contacts from the phone to the car.

My e815 from Verizon works very well, just no phonebook transfer

3. jnjstanley

jnjstanley New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JNJ @ Nov 28 2006, 06:28 AM) [snapback]354743[/snapback]</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Renocat @ Nov 28 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]354790[/snapback]</div>
    The phone will pair with the car; however, because it won't transfer contacts, it won't let you dial when driving. You can answer though.

4. Renocat

Renocat Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JNJ @ Nov 28 2006, 11:13 AM) [snapback]354791[/snapback]</div>
    Not sure if this will work in the 2005...do you have nav?

These are the steps to dial by name while in motion for the 2006:
    Dial by name
    In my 2006 package #7,this is what I do to use voice dial:

* Press the talk switch on the steering wheel and say "dial by name"
    * Jill says "Dial by name has been chosen. After the screen has updated please press the talk switch"
    * Press the talk switch
    * Jill says, "Please say the name"
    * I say the name I have programmed to the number
    * Jill says "Name chosen. Please briefly touch the talk switch or touch the off hook switch to dial"
    * I press the off hook switch (telephone with receiver off the hook) and the call dials.

I hear the call dial, the person answers and I am good to go. I have dialed a name without touching the MFD, only the steering wheel.

The process is almost the same for dial by number, which I use to call a person that is not in my phonebook. There is one extra push of the talk switch, that seems like a glitch, but it still works.

When I have an incoming call, the radio cuts out, and I hear a generic ring through my car speakers, not my ring tone. Sometimes my phone will actually ring about a 1/2 a ring and then I hear the generic ring through the speakers. I haven't quite figured that one out yet.

You must have voice tags programmed to the numbers you have entered into the car's phonebook. If you have Verizon, you can't transfer your phone's phonebook, you will have to manually enter them one by one.

This really does work. THere was some confusion about what Jill meant whe she said after the screen updates. The names will still be greyed out but I can tell it has updated because the radio comes back on.