1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola V551

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Lorcalon, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Lorcalon

Lorcalon New Member

I had an siemens that worked well with the 2004 Prius, when it quit I bought a Motorola 551 which is supposed to have the same bluetooth as the 601. It connects initially(says bluetooth connection successful)but the bluetooth code for the V551 does not show up and the box that shows the signal strength goes blank and no bluetooth.This may be secondary to the new DVD that was installed to update the GPS?
    Any ideas?

2. aforkosh

aforkosh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    I just got one too (an upgrade/contract extension deal from Cingular). In order to set up pairing of the phone with the car, you need to make the phone discoverable. To do that, click the to center button on the phone and proceed through Settings->Connection->Bluetooth Link->Setup->Find Me. This will make the phone discoverable for 60 seconds.

3. Lorcalon

Lorcalon New Member

I did the setup and now the link is successful for a few seconds every time I get in the car but the box showing signal level does not stay on.
    Fred

4. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Lorcalon,
    I got one for myself and one for my wife. Mine's Bluetooth was broken (won't even power-on!). I had to replace it for a new one. "Bluetooth" is based on analog circuitry (not digital). They are trickier and more prone to failure. My advice is to get a new one from wherever you got it. You got 30 days, I believe. Both of our V551 work well now.

5. bcool

bcool New Member

I have the v551, too, and it works great. One question I have, though - is there any way to quickly shut off the Bluetooth connection while in the Prius? For example, if the phone rings while driving (and I hear it through the Prius' speaker), but I want to privately talk on the phone when there are other passengers in the car, is there any way to quickly terminate the Bluetooth?

6. ceric

ceric New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    From reading the manual, I believe all you need to do is switch on your phone and talk. The Bluetooth would be disconnected while you talk on your phone. I haven't tried it personally yet.

7. bcool

bcool New Member

If I flip the phone open, the sound still comes out of the car speaker. There must be some other trick involved....

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bcool\";p=\"62853)</div>
    The same is true with my LG PM-325 when I slide it open.

9. jsk1998

jsk1998 New Member

Yep. Just go into the bluetooth menu on your phone (may be under connections on the menu) and disconnect the handsfree or turn the BT power off. The audio will default to the handset.

If you want to do this quick, personalize the menu options that are on the main screen to make one of them BT or use the shortcut set up to jump to the appropriate place.

JK