1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Motorola v710 available in August

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by tag, Jul 20, 2004.

1. tag

tag Senior Member

Motorola and Verizon Wireless Announce the Upcoming Debut of the Eagerly Awaited Motorola V710

Nation’s First CDMA Handset Delivering Megapixel Camera and Bluetooth® Wireless Technology Arrives at Verizon Wireless

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. and Bedminster, NJ, - July 20th, 2004 - Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT), a global leader in wireless communications, and Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless service provider in the U.S., today announced that the much sought after Motorola V710 is now shipping and will be available at Verizon Wireless stores nationwide in August. As the first handset in the US to deliver a 1.23 megapixel camera and Bluetooth connectivity, the Motorola V710 delivers what mobile consumers want.

Since its unveiling during the 2004 Cellular Telecommunication and Internet Association show in March, the Motorola V710 has been turning heads. More than 40,000 people have pre-registered for product information at hellomoto.com/producer. What’s driving the excitement? The model V710 is a trailblazing CDMA mobile device, delivering multimedia features, advanced connectivity technology and high quality, easy to use voice and speaker functionality – all in a sleek, stylish and sophisticated design.

"This product is the best of CDMA from Motorola to date. Based on pre-launch interest, we believe consumers agree," said Tim Cawley, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Motorola CDMA Product Group. "The model V710 gives Verizon Wireless users the ideal balance between efficient productivity and mobile fun – it’s a great handset."

“The Motorola V710 is a great addition to our mobile line-up,†said John Stratton, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “This device is the perfect complement to the many downloadable data offerings from Verizon Wireless’ GETIT NOW service.â€

For the media lover: Motorola V710 users can take 1.23 megapixel still photos for printing and sharing, and can capture video with sound for viewing sending. The product’s 2.2" vibrant color display makes viewing of images and video a true-to-life experience the perfect complement to Verizon Wireless’ powerful Get it Now® virtual store.

For the road warrior: Enabled with Bluetooth Wireless connectivity, the Motorola V710 allows users to connect to their laptop for seamless sharing of vital information or to synch up with Bluetooth-enabled accessories such as the Motorola HS810 headset or the HF800 speakerphone for hands-free communications. Additional hands-free features include speaker independent speech recognition technology for one-touch easy dialing, and an office quality speakerphone for those must have conference calls.

The Motorola V710 Features Include:
    - 1.23 Megapixel Camera for images you want to keep
    - Video Capture and playback for those moving memories
    - Bluetooth Connectivity for seamless connectivity
    - Speaker Independent Voice Dialing for easy dialing
    - Office quality speaker phone for keeping your hands free
    - Stereo sound via headset when you don’t want to miss a sound
    - TransFlash Memory Expansion Slot to bring your media with you
    - WAP 2.0 for enhanced web browsing
    - BREW 2.1 for applications and content download
    - Large 2.2" Color Display for a rich mobile viewing

Pricing and Availability
    The Motorola V710 is expected to be available at Verizon Wireless stores in August 2004 for $249 after a $70 rebate with a two-year service agreement. Please visit hellomoto.com/producer for more details on the Motorola V710.

Link: http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/d...3786_23,00.html

2. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    $319 up-front along with a 2yr contract? The people guessing $499 bare may have been right.

That pretty much sets me up for the long wait until March, when I'm 22 months into my 2yr contract and qualify to get in on re-up pricing...

3. PriusLover

PriusLover New Member

That sounds cool, I bought a Motorola V600 for the bluetooth technology. I doesn't have as good picture can movie capacity as this new one, but it works for me. I wish I didn't have to tell the phone to connect to the car each time I enter though, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Enjoy the new phone!

4. tag

tag Senior Member

5. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

It looks like Nextel has this phone already

[web:afa1247b14]http://www.nextel.com/[/web:afa1247b14]

but I don't see any reference to Bluetooth in the specs.

6. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I710 versus V710...

7. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...threadid=417707

Not thrilling news, but I'm not big on having the phonebook move to the car via Bluetooth so if it does do phone calls OK the phone may still be worth getting.

Next March, when the price may be down and I can get it at upgrade price...

8. tag

tag Senior Member

I've been following threads on that board as well as phonescoop.com.

The only thing I have to say is I'll be damned if I'm spending over $500 for this phone, particularly with its crippled BT. For that kind of coin, I can get a VZW Treo 600.

I have no idea what these folks were thinking.

9. sjr14221

sjr14221 Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Huh? how did you get $500 from $320? ($249 after rebate?)

I am anxiously awaiting this phone's arrival in stores so I can test it out. My Verizon contract is up at the end of August, and I just got my car on Saturday, so I'd say pretty good timing. I wonder if I can hold out for a while to see how others are doing with the phone.

Sharon

10. tag

tag Senior Member

From several accounts, the price of the phone is circa $520 without a contract. The $249 price is after rebate with a 2-year contract.