1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mount carplay monitor

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by mveras1972, Dec 10, 2022.

1. mveras1972

mveras1972 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I bought a CarPlay display and the perfect mounting spot for the 2017 Prius Prime is right above/behind the steering wheel as it does not block anything at all. Does not block the speedometer which is off-centered to the right, and I can still see the front hood and HUD display on the windshield in its entirety. The problem is, mounting a suction cup on the curved dashboard surface is nearly impossible because it is curved and has a coarse texture. I have a great suction cup with a gel that sticks to most surfaces, but the curve on the dashboard is too much to make it stable. The CarPlay display comes with a flat plate which you can use to help the suction cup stay in place, but then the curve prevents it from staying put. Is there any product out there that I can use to place it under the suction cup and help reduce the dashboard curve?

2. schja01

schja01 One of very few in Chicagoland

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
  3. MalachyNG

MalachyNG Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    A flat piece of plexiglass stuck to the dash with command strips so you don't rip up the plastic or leave residue if/when you trade in or sell.

4. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid