1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mountain Cruise Control

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by DaveinOlyWA, Jul 11, 2009.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    ok, took trip to Leavenworth, WA. this required navigating several valleys and a few mountain passes. took screen shot when we crested Blewett Pass (elevation 4102 ft) on Hwy 97 heading into town. can you guess when we hit the pass??

anyway... regen was only good for about 3 minutes on the downhill because i had CC set to 50-55 mph (traffic controlled) and unlike the SPM, CC held the speed i set only varying 1 mph at the most. very impressed by this. i might have noticed it sooner, but the pass was basically a 15 mile 6% grade to town so hard to not notice that CC actually worked as it should have all along.

on the SPM on much lesser hills than the 6 % grade of the pass, i would have CC set at 60 mph, and it will still accelerate to whatever gravity would make it (75 mph on the relatively short Puyallup hill) go.

all in all, very nice trip. left pretty early in the morning, so it was pretty cool going, but low to mid 90's coming back so A/C all the way. still ended up at 57 mpg RT... not bad considering the elevation changes, 65-70 mph for about 50 miles of the trip. etc

oh ya...so why go??? well for the SO, there is a ton of shops, mostly aimed at Christmas type things... for me??

this is a German town, so i go to eat

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Dave, did the battery get completely full to the point where the ICE was doing compression braking while cruise was engaged?

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    oh ya... you could just barely hear it. its a medium high frequency whining sound. if you look on the comsumption screen, you can see after 3 minutes, regen was done.