1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mounting location of Scangauge in Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by timo27, Sep 4, 2009.

1. timo27

timo27 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi All -

Anyone have any recommendations (and/or pics) of good spots to mount a Scangauge in the Gen III?
    Thanks
    Tim

2. cpatch

cpatch New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You can find window and mirror mounts for the ScanGauge on eBay. Someone else here mounted theirs on the dash so it was visible through the steering wheel.

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.
  4. numa106229

numa106229 New Member

Model:
    II
    Hello just ordered a cd mount for my scangauge, i really dident want velcro on my dash and i wanted it towards the center of the dash.this thing is cool cause i dont use my cd player and the mount fits into the cd area and fastens there. hopefully will work out ok.ordered from amazon they also have[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004E5W3D4/ref=oss_product"]Amazon.com: Mountek MT5000 CD Slot Mount - Universal Hands Free Car Mount for Cell Phones, Satellite Radios & GPS Devices: El...[/ame] them om ebay.

5. seal2cc

seal2cc New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I was looking at various mounts and while I was deciding, I used double sided 3m tape, kind of thick, not like a "scotch" tape...and mounted it on the steering column after I selected my best "telescoping" distance...and as of now, I think I'll keep it there. It's fairly unobtrusive, but visible and easily adjustible by me. And the cables are invisible. So for now I think that's where mine will stay. Mirror sounds good but really not as easy a scan/glance as where I am now; and side window or a higher dash mount at least for me makes it more obvious to an outside person with prying eyes. Easy to change.

6. Judgeless

Judgeless Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There has to be over 20 threads on this topic. Why do people keep creating new ones?

Click on the SEARCH BUTTON!!!!!

7. numa106229

numa106229 New Member

Model:
    II
    mount worked out pretty good here what it looks like

Attached Files: