1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mounting of bumper plug?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by adric22, Jan 31, 2010.

1. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    As anyone done this yet? I got part of my enginer kit yesterday and it includes the plug that goes on the bumper. However, I got down and looked under the car and it appears impossible to install this item without taking the bumper off of the car. Does anyone know how to do this? I have a 2002 (Gen 1)

EDIT - Sorry, I just realized I am in the wrong section.. But I can't find a way to delete or move this post.. Maybe one of the moderators can do it.

2. dan2l

dan2l 2014 Prius v wagon

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Hi Adric22,
    I have not done this part yet. I am still opening the back deck to plug in because I am going to move this kit into my other car when I get the next kit.

You can go to the Enginer forum at
    http://www.enginer.us/forum/
    You will need to register as a user. Then you can ask the question there and an installer that has done this should respond. You also could Email Jack.

Thanks,
    Dan Lander

3. adric22

adric22 Ev and Hybrid Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks! I didn't even know they had a forum. I'll go post my message there. if all else fails I guess I could ask somebody in a body shop how to remove the bumper.

4. MJFrog

MJFrog Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't believe it is necessary to remove the bumper. There is a black plastic shield covering the rear underside of the vehicle that is fairly easy to remove (sorry, don't know how, but probably just a few screws...installer did mine) and you can get access to the rear of the bumper. I think you just hand tighten the ring that holds the plug in place.

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You wont have to remove the bumper but you do have to remove some of the screws to get it loose. The installer of my Hymotion battery just removed some screws from the bumper and the black shield in the left rear tire well. He was able to flex out the bumper enough to run the wiring.

If it were me doing it I would completely remove the bumper since its not that hard to remove.