1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Moving posts, feeds, sub forums etc.

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by PriusCamper, Jul 16, 2012.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I really wish you hadn't of moved this thread... I've looked into all forums for GenII and not found it? This isn't the first time a moderator has moved a thread to somewhere that doesn't exist.

I mean whoever split all the threads up into so many smaller sub-categories has effectively confused/ruined the quality of the PC forum experience, especially new people.

I mean is the reason new GenII people constantly post in PriusV the fault of the poster or the fault of the person who manages the forums?

Can I file a trouble ticket?

I want to follow all the Prius threads via google reader and it's absurd that I can't just subscribe to one feed but am suppose to subscribe to all seven feeds for Gen2? Most of those 7 feeds get hardly any traffic and the only place I get a consistent flow of GenII feeds is via this feed, which your killing GenII posts on an reposting them to nowhere?

What a mess....

Here's the only feed I found that updates consistently: http://priuschat.com/f/-/index.rss

Please advise?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Sorry but this was moved in here as a Priuschat question. It really related to nothing in the thread it was posted and may get an answer from Danny in here.

Sorry you didn't like it was moved (the initial thread) but if a question is about a Gen II and it is posted in the Prius c forums it is getting moved. I don't use google reader, and don't know about it. I just browse new posts within Priuschat. Maybe try starting a conversation with danny about what you're seeing, he may know more about what's going on. And we have always had sub forum categories off the main forum for say Gen II, Gen III etc. As for new people posting in the v forum all the time, I think it's just that since it appears first, they go straight to it when starting a new post instead of going into the proper forum.

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks... I look forward to what Danny has to say... The situation for GenII is unique because it's going to start going the way of the GenI with far more low-budget DIYers and increasingly you'll see people who are buying used Prius in the below $10K price range.

Currently the GenII forum has a way larger infrastructure than needed because its grown for so many years and maybe there is a way to simplify it's structure now so it will no longer be growing the way the GenIII, V, and C forums will?

In other words, Is there was some way to help the GenII community have more access to all comments added to existing threads via subscription feed (aka: Feedreader) or via it's own front page with a widget with a feed reader on it? "because that'd be even better!

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ditto. I've never used Google Reader in my life (and don't even know where to get it/the URL unless I Google for it).
    Why don't you just read Priuschat via the web site? I'm guessing the vast majority of users here do that.

I'm not for putting posts in the wrong area.
    I'd say mostly the fault of the poster. It's very annoying. The person/people who manage the forums didn't start the post off in the wrong place.