1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MP3 Aux Input on '04 Prius and '06 HH

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by DaddyLongLegs, Dec 7, 2006.

1. DaddyLongLegs

DaddyLongLegs Junior Member

Folks,

Been awhile since i posted and did a brief search on the topic so don't flame me. I was wondering if it possible to retrofit the aux MP3 input found on newer '06 Prius into an '04 Prius with Nav, JBL and XM Radio already installed? All I want is the aux input to allow for my iPod with the interference from the FM transmitter.

My wife and I like the Prius so much we bought a Hybrid Highlander this year and for some reason Toyota must have felt that anyone wanting an HH didn't want or need the bluetooth, MP3 input or SKS available in the Prius. Seems strange since the MFD is essentially the same so why neuter these capabilities!!? Anyway, can I install a aux MP3 input to the HH? I know this is no the right forum for this question. Also, looking to use the OEM Aux input feature.

2. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Try this thread for some options. I don't know if they'll work in a HiHy, but it's worth a shot.

3. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I know that narf cut a wire in the JBL unit under the passenger's seat and installed a jack. It worked fine, but the CD player ran at the same time. The only solution was to put in a CD that had nothing recorded on it (I mean, not a blank, but one that was burned without any input) and have that run.