1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MP3 player

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by harper42, Dec 25, 2006.

1. harper42

harper42 Member

Is there any way to route an MP3 player to play through the Prius' speakers?

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Dec 25 2006, 10:47 PM) [snapback]366598[/snapback]</div>
    I thought an '06 had an aux input standard. I added an aftermarket aux input to my '05. There are a couple of ipod-specific adapters, too.

3. orionll

orionll Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm almost sure that all 2006 Prii have a female 3.5 millimeter jack in the center console. You need a male to male 3.5 millimeter jack to plug into the console and one to plug in to your mp3 player (you plug the 3.5 millimeter plug into the jack for your headset on your mp3 player)

4. harper42

harper42 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(orionll @ Dec 25 2006, 09:52 PM) [snapback]366613[/snapback]</div>
    I thought it was supposed to have a jack somewhere, but in the console, all I can find is a (cigarette lighter) type power supply. If It's in there.... can someone please tell me where? Thank you!!

5. dzoutzidis

dzoutzidis New Member

Well, I'm from Canada and I bought the 2006 Prius basic package and don't have an aux. input anywhere... I was told that the stereo would be MP3 compatible but after I got it they said that the basic package wasn't so I was s**t ouf of luck.
    Basic choices are:
    1: Get an FM transmitter
    2: Install a basic aux. jack as stated earlier
    3: If you've got an IPod you can buy either a DICE or VICE IPod integration unit that will plug into the back of your stereo and let you plug in your IPod so that it'll be totally integrated into your sound system. You'd be able to control the IPod with your screen and steering wheel, it turns on automatically and off as well, pauses when you switch to some other mode and recharges itself. I've been planning on getting one for months now but they're still having some bugs with the 2006 DICE unit so I'm waiting for them to fix those up.
    Hope that helps....

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dulcimer @ Dec 26 2006, 01:01 PM) [snapback]366811[/snapback]</div>
    Isn't it next to the power outlet? I have a 2005, but that's where I thought it was. You may have to take everything out and carefully check. It may not be that obvious.

7. ohgreys

ohgreys New Member

I don't think that jack is in package #1. I'm not sure which is the first package it shows up in but I'm fairly certain that it wasn't standard equipment for the 2006 model.

8. JacquesR

JacquesR Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dzoutzidis @ Dec 28 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]367786[/snapback]</div>
    FYI : The official french brochure (for 2006) does say that the CD on the basic package is MP3. Toyota.ca told me "sorry we made a mistake, the dealer should have told you". So much for the car of the future, with support of the past.

Any other sc...wed Canadians out there? My dealer told me I am the first and only one to have noticed!!!!!!!!!!

FMY: Is your radio a model #51830?. If yes did you assert that there is indeed a plug on the back to plug a DICE or a VAIS. ?
    If I get one of these I'll ask toyota.ca to pay and install it. From prius.touringclub in Europe Toyota.be did respect its customer.