1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MP3 properties - how to change info?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Warwind, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    After copying about 1,000 songs to the 4GB SD card in the nuvi 350 I use to play mp3s in my Prius, I notice that the categories displayed are kind of all over the place.

For instance, I have the category "Progressive Rock", and also one called "Prog Rock" and then "Rock Progressive" and so on with some other duplicated categories as well. Some songs have the Album or Artist info missing.

Does anyone know what program could be used to change this information on existing mp3 songs? I'd like to go in and condense all the spelling variations of different categories, and fill in missing information.

Thanks!

2. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Warwind @ Nov 21 2006, 10:16 PM) [snapback]352858[/snapback]</div>
    I use an excellent freeware program called mp3tag for just this purpose. This is on windows, I assume something similar is probably available for the Mac. It lets you set all the MP3 tags as desired.

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

3. Warwind

Warwind New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    THANK YOU!!!!

That was exactly what I needed. What a powerful program--I had a couple hundred songs that were ripped with the track number in the filename, i.e., "01 - Song Title.mp3" and I was able to correct all these with one click. I was able to fix all my categories, and fill in missing information. Worked perfectly!

I sent the author a few euro via PayPal.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)