1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MP3/USB problems

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by wxboy61, May 5, 2011.

1. wxboy61

wxboy61 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a package IV and I'm not having much luck playing an mp3 player through the USB hookup so I'm looking for some input. I've gotten it to work twice but most times it does not work(mp3 player is a Sansa clip). My wife tried her mp3 player a few times with no luck either.

I don't know if any mp3 player should work or only an Ipod. I'm thinking I either need an Ipod to get it to work or I need to visit the dealer because I don't think I'm doing anything wrong.

When it doesn't work the USB tab on the Nav screen does not light up so you can't select it.

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I use a sandisk 8GB loaded with about 5.5GB of mp3's and it works but it's so dog slow I'd rather use my iPhone via bluetooth loaded with most of the same files.

3. mobyhead

mobyhead New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You could get a used or refurbished iPod. Alternatively, a smart phone with Bluetooth should be able to supply music to the Nav system.

4. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Copy some of the files onto a thumb drive. If they aren't recognized you've got an encoding problem. It is an MP3 player. It doesn't recognize all (or most) formats.