1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mpg after 12v change out?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Jay007i812, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Jay007i812

Jay007i812 New Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    After battery left me strangmded we jump started n drove hime 150.mi to change new 12 v battery ever since mpg has signifigantly dropped no lights no warning of any types anywhere all systems seem normal ive drove in eco mode norm mode and power mode mpg has been relativly same before even hwy speeds of 80pmh to 90 pmg i still showed 50mpg averages now im barely drive speed limit on cruze ect and lucky if i get 50 mpg its been cold and warm temps drove with n without heater no differnce oli change air filter change no differnce at all any ideas hate to pay dealer 200 bucks to diagnose while no codes no lights no warnings of any kind ‍♂️ anyone have any ideas how to get my mpg back to its normal ?????

Thanks very much appreciate any help guys

2. Doug McC

Doug McC Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    Check your owners manual.

3. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Be realistic. What did you think should happen after all the computers in the car went offline, than it got jumped and driven 150 miles?

Doug McC likes this.
  4. FuelMiser

FuelMiser Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    A new battery should not have impacted the MPG in any way. Our OEM battery lasted 7 years in the 2016, though at the end of life it began losing charge overnight and required a jump pack to go to READY mode. I guess you could call that a "jump start" Eventually, I changed the battery to the Walmart H4 several months ago and had no impact on MPG.

Is it possible you created a spark/arc when you jump started and damaged some component?

A dealer will do nothing without any lights/codes. Just go to Autozone and have your codes read for free.