1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG C vs Regular

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Dorian7, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So I am still debating between the C and a regular prius and was wondering if anyone knows if there is a lot of difference between the two MPG wise? I live in the suburbs of Portland so I don't experience stop and go traffic too often but also don't go over 45mph that often. Obviously everyone drives differently so I was wondering if there is anyone here that has drove both and what difference they can see. It seems like on average the C get's a couple more MPGs.

2. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The C gets better mpg in the city, and the hatchback gets better mpg on the highway. I drove a C at the dealer when I went in for service and it was nice, but I think the hatch is sommther on the highway, and it has a little more power (130ish vs 99 I think). Either way you can't go wrong really, but the C is quite a bit cheaper than the hatchback.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    In generali think the c is easier to attain high mpg numbers. The only situation where I think the Liftback will have an advantage is high speed highway driving otherwise I think the c will best it in any other situation.

That said, the Liftback can get impressive fuel efficiency when set up and driven correctly so I would choose what feels best to you. :)

4. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Cool, thanks for the input guys.

5. Dorian7

Dorian7 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    From what I have read I think that I am probably better off with a regular prius since I do so much highway driving. Where I am located the only price difference between the C2 and the Prius Two is $1,900 so I think the regular prius will be worth it.

6. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Yes. I do a lot of highway driving, about 30k miles per year, and the "regular" prius is very smooth and comfortable. Not as comfortable as my old Crown Vic (RIP) but double the mpg makes up for it.