1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG challenge -

Discussion in 'Prius PHEV Plug-In Modifications' started by scottsim, Jul 20, 2010.

1. scottsim

scottsim New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    A Prius with the (PlugInSupply) conversion I have, got 763mpg, highest of all PHEV's. Bravo David!

More on this site:

MPG Challenge

Have ordered the scan gaugeII, so perhaps I will have a better feel for my performance soon. The new cables that 3prongpower installed between the BMS and the pack have much improved the "discharge" sensitivity of my conversion.

1 person likes this.
  2. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I actually got .3l/100km according to my CAN-View. Thats 784MPG when converted. Since the numbers were so close we tied. Our packs were perfect for the 24.4 mile course.

If you want to get technical with my numbers I recharged that night after the event and used 4.33kWh. If you do the math it comes out to 152.51MPGe

The PICC guys had a 2010 with I think it was 12kWh pack. If it were operational and in the race they could have ran it in all EV.

2 people like this.
  3. NWPriusPlus

NWPriusPlus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The GreenDrive Expo in Madison sure sounds like a lot of fun, but just a bit too far from home for us unfortunately. :(

I don't think our 4-pack BMS+ Prius would make the 24 mile challenge at the mpg levels you achieve (at least without trying to charge a lot higher and deplete a lot lower than I know how to do safely), but interestingly the 784mpg figure is exactly what we see often in our everyday usage (this trip is just for the last couple of days, as I have been resetting while logging other info, but it is typical of recent summer driving):

http://priuschat.com/forums/members/nwpriusplus-albums-bms-plus-picture4503-trip-784-avg.jpg
    [​IMG]

Using a recent weekly total of electricity and gasoline consumed, calculated by energy (kWh) we are getting 154.8 mpge, and doing the math by the $3.00/gallon method, it comes out to 182.9 mpge.

Our local trips and commutes are quite short (normally less than 10 miles between charges), so that makes it easy to keep the ICE off, and so does our new "warm-up control module". Poor mileage due to the multiple short trips around town was what led us to install the BMS+ PHEV conversion two years ago.

NW BMS+ Driver

4. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    NWPriusPlus,
    We will be having a West Coast version of Green Drive Expo October 9th in the San Francisco Bay Area.

It will be at a great facility called the Craneway Pavilion (The Craneway Pavilion)

It's still kind of a hike from where you are at, but SF in October is great weather.

5. NWPriusPlus

NWPriusPlus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the invitation. Your location in the Bay Area in October sounds perfect, and we'll definitely try to come.

6. linuxpenguin

linuxpenguin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

Warm-up control module?...You mean like a thermistor hack?

Andrew