1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mpg dropped to 44mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Jrnine31, May 10, 2014.

1. Jrnine31

Jrnine31 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi guys I have a 2012 prius III and have been noticing over the last 6 months my mpg has been decreasing to 44 mpg when my tank is done. In the past I was always near 49-50 mpg. Nothing different in my driving patterns actually ive been trying to hypermile more since I've been having this drop. The only difference is my wifes sister lives in the other side of the hill which has a very steep incline but i've only been going there once a week. Need help its making me sick... hahaa.. would u guys recommend I balance or get my car re-aligned. I have 14.5 k miles on my car. Have epocias and make sure my tires are 42 front, 40 psi back. I have 17" tires with scion factory wheels. But I got them when i had 300 miles on my car and never had a problem since with them.

Thanks

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    probably winter gas formulation. let's see how she does over the next few months. i doubt you need an alignment unless you have a tremendous pothole problem.

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That timeframe matches well with 'Winter'. The change is similar to the seasonal variation my first Prius displayed its first two years:

[​IMG]

If this answer isn't sufficient, then please give us your approximate location (climate zone), and fill out Cwerdna's questionnaire linked at post #2.

walter Lee and dorunron like this.