1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG Nirvana

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by my#7, Mar 6, 2013.

1. my#7

my#7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just about 4K since new and finally seeing the great mpg.I was a little concerned when my NY to Toronto to NY trip at 280 miles on the new "C" averaged about 40 mpg over the 1200mi. trip.My e320 cdi did better so I was depressed that after 70 cars owned I goofed buying the "C".
    Just back from a NY to VT to NY trip(760mi.)and even with the steep inclines and pushing 75~80 mph rolled back into my driveway showing 44~45mpg.Now I am a believer.

ftl likes this.
  2. RocMills

RocMills Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You should start to see better MPGs as the weather warms up, too. I'm just over 6K miles, used ECO mode for the first week or two only, and I'm averaging over 57 MPGs (and that's with a lead-foot second driver skewing my stats).

3. james cook

james cook Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    this car drops to the 30 mpg area when it's below 20 degrees F. zit got 33degres here yesterday amd i got 49 mpg on the high way for the first time in like 5 months!

4. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    To my#7:

I used to drive 75-80, and higher before getting my Prius C. But just as it has altered my other driving habits somewhat, it has lowered my highway speeds, as well. I'm over 22,000 miles on the ODO now, and it has been my experience that 71 mph is the cut off for maintaining 50 MPG or better on the highway. That's in warm weather, with just me in the car. My desire to hit that "50" mark, plus the road and wind noise at higher speeds is keeping me to that limit, at least most of the time. It hasn't been easy for a primarily "left lane" highway driver to make that adjustment, but now that I have finally eliminated my tail gating habit (also assisted by the C), I find driving a much more relaxing experience.

Loopie likes this.