1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mpg of bmw m3?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by onlynark, Jun 29, 2008.

1. onlynark

onlynark Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hey, I dont know if this belongs here or the other car forum. I thought since this is strictly mpg question I might as well put it here.

Anyways, I talked with my friend earlier tonight and he has a 2001 bmw m3 e46. He says he is getting 30-31 mpg (500+ miles on the tank with a 16 gal tank). Is this BS? he says he drives at 65-70 mph so he doesnt speed. But I figured that a lot of cars similar in size with a 4-cyl dont even get that much. Also, he says the hummer h2 gets its best mpg at 90 mph? true?

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The first part is possible but doubtful. I'm going to guess that he is seeing 30mpg while on the freeway and using that number to say "I get XX mpg". If driven correctly a lot of cars that normally get mediocre fuel milage can get some pretty unbelievable numbers so I hate to be a total bisbeliever. :)

As for the H2. He's pulling your leg. I highly doubt there is a production car in existance that gets it's peak mpg at 90mph. :rolleyes:

3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    So that is why Hummers usually get horrible mileage - they aren't going fast enough. :madgrin:

I'm sorry Officer, I was just trying to conserve fuel. Was that wrong? :evil:

4. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    maybe 90mph falling off a mountain! ha! I think it takes more fuel to move a stopped H2 than my Prius uses all day!

5. TopShelf

TopShelf New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    My 2005 M3 gets around 21 mpg city and hwy combined...

6. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hopefully God has a more fuel efficient vehicle to commute to work and just drives the Chariot on the weekends. :madgrin: