1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MPG PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by 08redvette, Sep 8, 2012.

1. 08redvette

08redvette New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi everyone here goes I have 2011 prius 2 its been in service for 14 months now, 5487 miles dont drive much 80-90 miles a week short trips i live in florida so a/c on all the time mpg has been 34-36 all ways my question is did i buy the wrong car for my driving habits, it seems i'll never get to 50 mpg and my driving routine won't change :unsure:

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The only alternatives that would get you better mileage are much more expensive, Volt and Leaf come to mind. In the price range of your car (and mine) you have the most efficient car you could buy at the time. I'll bet you gas mileage is still much better on the Prius than the car you replaced it with......relax and enjoy the savings.
    On a different note, you might try driving as if there was a raw egg between your foot and the accelerator pedal.

jtv likes this.
  3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    With such short trips a Prius Plug-in would be a great choice. With so few miles driven I'm not sure you would save money, however, getting super high fuel economy is fun.

4. eco-icon

eco-icon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    same here, drive 10 miles work- home. still my mileage is way better than my Z.

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Moved from the Prius v forums to the Gen III forums