1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

mpx220 and Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by larkinmj, Feb 1, 2006.

1. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I just purchased a 2006 Prius with the Nav/Bluetooth package. I have a Motorola mpx220 (Cingula) phone. Although it is not on the list of supported phones (as far as I know), I have seen posts from people here and elsewhere that it connects with the Prius.
    I just took delivery of my car yesterday, and I have been trying to get the phone and the Prius to connect. I followed the procedures in the manual; it gave me the passkey to enter into my phone. I did this a number of times to no avail- each time my phone said "connection unsuccessful." I should think that any Bluetooth phone, even if not fully supported, should at least be able to connect. ANy idea what I might be doing wrong?
    Thanks!
    Mike

2. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

Never mind! Thinking there might be a problem with my phone, I attempted to connect to my laptop (which usually works) and that wouldn't connect either. Cingular sent a signal to my phone which apparently solved the Bluetooth issue, because I was then able to connect with my Prius, and successfully used my phone in hands-free mode.
    Next step is to attempt to download my contact list!
    Mike

3. H2OSkier

H2OSkier Member

Please post your results. I have the same phone and I'm getting my 06 Prius next week !!

Thanks,

Ken

4. airpolgas

airpolgas New Member

Cingular - that's your problem. They tend to take out features off of their new phones. If you can buy an unlocked phone from asia or europe, do so. They should come in Motorola boxes, not Cingular boxes. I have a Nokia 6620 with less features than my friend's 6620 which he bought from on online retailer (too bad I forgot, otherswise, I'd post it). Good thing mine connects pretty well with the Prius. It just does not show the signal range and the battery capacity on the MFD.