1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mr. Clean Products

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Fredatgolf, May 17, 2005.

1. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

I am particulary impressed with what I read about Mr. Clean Autodry, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for wheels and their swisher product for the interior. Also they tout the Febreze (not sure of the spelling) for interior fabrics. Has anyone used these products? Does the Autodry leave any kind of residue?

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've used the Autodry wash for a year. It's excellent, leaving no residue at all. Some users with very hard water report less than perfect results.

I use one cotton rag mitt for the body and a second one for the wheels, and launder both of them after each use. No swirl marks on the car so far.

3. Fredatgolf

Fredatgolf New Member

Would the cotton rag mit be better than a microfiber towel?

4. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fredatgolf\";p=\"90198)</div>
    Uhhh.... I do not know. I bought the mitt for convenience during washing. I suppose anything as soft or softer would work at least as well.

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am really considering the AutoDry. Having two cars now, I don't look forward to drying them both with a chamois (I'm a picky person and hence both cars must be dry without any water droplets visible). Would you recommend it?

6. dbarry

dbarry Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    We use the Mr. Clean autodry here in Houston, very hard water, and love it! It was impossible to not get water spots before.

In a recent Consumers Reports they also gave the product a thumbs up. Sam's Club sells a good starter kit.

7. Prius Noir

Prius Noir New Member

I've been using it for about a month with good results. I wanted it to avoid having to wipe dry my black paint job knowing how susceptible it is to scratches. The only problems are when some of the residual water inside mirrors, door latches, gas cover, rear hatch etc. trickle out. Those don't seem to dry without a trace.

I bought the standard version at Costco along with a pack of microfiber mitts and a California Car Duster two pack. They're now selling the Pro kit version. Costco also has good prices on the Auto Dry refill packs. Being Costco, each pack has two bottles of wash and two filters.

8. RBW111

RBW111 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I dry my cars with a leaf blower. Never have any spots, and it blows the water out of the door handles and mirrors. Works great.