1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MSRP: dealer vs manufacturor

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Hy-Dong, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Hy-Dong

Hy-Dong New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I thought MSRP is set by the car maker. But I noticed that somehow the MSRP quoted by deals don't match for Prius (maybe other make as well, haven't check yet).

For example, Prius Two:

$25,220 at folsom lake toyota and folsom lake toyota (central CA)
    $24,200 at toyota website.

Do you know the reason? This has caused me some confusions when a dealer advertises "$3000 below MSRP".

2. Jamesb93612

Jamesb93612 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Most commonly floor mats are added. There is also a destination charge. I think this is why you see a discrepancy between toyota.com and the dealer. I am finding a bit of a discrepancy between dealers while I hunt for that perfect deal on a new Prius v!

iPad ? HD

3. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Could be different optional equipment or paint, dealer could be full of it, ???
    The 24,200 on the Toyota website doesn't include delivery fee of $795, maybe the others do.

A few years ago I went to Folsom Lake Toyota looking to buy a Camry, their sales department was so shifty that they were part of the reason I ended up buying an Acura instead of a Toyota.

4. Bingee

Bingee Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Dealers don't seem to bend on prices , but to get the deal signed , will
    Offer floor mats and such. Before you sign the deal , if you want, have them
    Agree to disable that worthless back up beep. After the deal, many want 50 dollars
    To do this five minute job