1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Msrp final?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by crewdog, Jan 30, 2012.

1. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Is it possible for Toyota to change the msrp on preorder PiP before delivery?

Isn't price agreed on considered a contract?

2. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And you are concerned because? You have not bought the car yet and if the price goes up, don't buy it.:confused:

3. kornkob

kornkob New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Do you have a sales contract promising you a specific sale price? If so then you might have something actionable.

4. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Why would they raise the price? In California a dealer can't raise a quoted price. When you see an advertised price on a specific vehicle, they must sell it at that price. In this case you have a confirmed order with a deposit. The only disclaimer I've seen is the Blizzard White up charge that's not in the order quote but they disclose it separately.

Toyota corporate has had enough bad Pub as of late, no reason they'd mess with the PIP price. This is a LOW volume unit right now, they'd have to raise the price by thousands to even move the profit needle a fraction of one basis point.

5. crewdog

crewdog Acting Ensign Prius Prime

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    In communicating with selected dealer, I got this in an email today:

"As of right now, Toyota has not posted the official MSRP for your Prius Plug-in. I will let you know when this posts to the system so that we can confirm everything is correct according to our estimations. In the interim, I will use the anticipated MSRP of $40,688 minus your $500 PriusChat discount, for a purchase price of $40,188"

2nd paragrarph of fine print in the contract confirming the order says in part:

" Customer and Dealer hereby agree that the price for the Vehicle will be $40,188."

What's up with that?

6. Yogi56

Yogi56 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four

What was your original price for your order? If it was $40,688 - deposit then your good.

7. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced