1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mud flaps for a 2004?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by mikepaul, Feb 2, 2004.

1. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Can't find a topic where this was asked outright, so I'll start one.

I'm looking at the streaks on the car post-icestorm, and I think a set of mud flaps would come in handy even if not completely aerodynamic.

Anyone know of some that would work well on a 2004?...

HEY! There\'s no group buy planned anymore! Ignore any mention of a group buy you see down this thread!!!

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have seen this addressed on some of the other Prius forums without any resolution. I too have the problem, my Salsa Red shows the mud kicked up from the front wheels here in the rainy Northwest. So, I thought I would give it a try. I did a search on British Columbia Toyota Dealers since they are just across the border from Washington. I found a dealer that had online parts ordering so I placed an order for the part number (C0060-47004-P) mentioned last night. This morning I received an email from Steve at Toyotatown in Langley, BC stating that they were available from his local warehouse at $50 (Canadian)a set of 4, plus tax. I replied asking if he could ship to the lower 48 and he replied, “Not a problem. Shipping via USPS is probably the cheapest. Now, I did try to look up the part number for a splash guard set for a Prius in my Canadian listings, and didn't find one, so I used the number you provided. Assuming that is the correct number you should be ok. If you would like to go ahead with this, you can either email me back all the information, or give me a call at 604-530-9151.â€
    I called and ordered a set paying by Visa. He said he would look them over to verify the part number when they came in. I asked if he would mind my providing this information on this forum and he had no problem with it.
    I will follow up with more details later.

3. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    do you have any pictures of the mud guard? i'm interested but want to see how they look like when installed...

4. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I'm very interested in these also. If they are the tough, molded type that I put on my wife's Corolla, I think they would work very well. Please provide more info as soon as you see them. Thanks.

5. CarlK

CarlK New Member

FYI,
    The southeast dealers are offering an option as follows:

Splashguards-MG10 $89

There is no picture or other information provided.

Carl

6. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    These splash guards come standard on Canadian Prii, they are the custom molded original equipment type.

They can be viewed in th e-brochure available on the Toyota Canada site.
    http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObjects/WW...v169080e%2ehtml

They are shown on the page that shows the various colors available.

Mine are still in transit but I will post Photos when they arrive.

At $50 Canadian they are a real bargain.

7. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    hey i also saw side window visors! that should be cool! too bad no pics on the site.

8. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    :D oh wait! i saw their ebrochure, nice pictures! ok now i'm interested in the mudflaps AND the window visors! :lol:

hey seasalsa, how'd you order? by phone?

why dont they offer those here? :x

9. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    oh wait! i saw their ebrochure, nice pictures! ok now i'm interested in the mudflaps AND the window visors!

hey seasalsa, how'd you order? by phone?

why dont they offer those here?

I ordered by phone and paid by Visa which automatically calculates the exchange rate. I believe that splashguards are a Canada only feature.
    Toyota Canada has had them made for Canadian distribution. They are clearly stamped "Made in Canada". The part# is C0060-47004-P. I contacted Steve at Toyotatown in Langley, BC Phone 604-530-9151. He shipped mine via USPS last week.

I did not ask him about the window shades. Someone on one of the other forums said that they had contacted Vent-A-Shade and they do not have them yet but are working on them.

10. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Thanks seasalsa! Even though I'm a long ways away from west coast, I plan to call tomorrow and get these ordered, even if I have to pay some extra freight. Looks like Canada got lots more goodies than US did, as was also the case with the Echo I had.

11. eak354

eak354 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    yea thanks seasalsa. can't wait to see pictures of it, also how installation went. then i'll decide if i'll go ahead and get both the flaps and visors.

12. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Te splash guards arrived in todays mail. They are heavy molded plastic and come with installation instructions and the necessary hardware. It looks like you have to drill one 1/4 inch hole in each, existing holes are used for the other fastners. Hopefully I can upload the pictures, I will give it a try.

[/img]

13. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The pictures are in the photo section.

14. aja2460

aja2460 Junior Member

I placed an order today with Steve, and the story was the same... About $50 Canadian plus about $10 for shipping. Charged to my VISA card. No problem...

15. rockluvr

rockluvr New Member

Thanks for the pics, seasalsa. My "mountain salsa" could use these. Please let us know how easy or difficult the installation is. Also do you mean that you have a drill a hole in your car or the mud flap? I'm thinking of ordering these, but want to know if you have to be very mechanically inclined to install or if you can use a drill and screwdriver - you are ok. Also after you use them in a puddle, tell us how they are working for you. Thanks!

16. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did you happen to ask him about the window vent shades?

The postage on mine was $8 so with the exchange rate it came to about $44 US Dollars.

If you are interested in any other accessories take a look at The Toyota Parts Store. I found it on the Canadian Prius Site.

http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.ph...php?cPath=11_94

17. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I'm going to try to put together a Group Buy to try and reduce the cost for everyone - please let me know if you would be interested.

18. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    According to the instruction sheet all you need is a screwdriver and a 1/4 inch drill. The installation utilizes two existing holes in the car and you use the splash guard as a template to drill the other hole. Unless you have an angle drill the rear tire must be removed to drill the hole. I plan to install mine tomorrow and will let you know if there are any problems. We have lots of puddles around here so I will include an "after" photo.

19. Jerry P

Jerry P Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Count me as definitely 'in' on a group buy. Thanks for the offer Danny. I put similar flaps on our Corolla and Echo and they work great, so I really want them on my Prius.

20. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm Interested. Have to see what the increased drag is though eh? :D