1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mud guards ?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by priusnoob78, Apr 28, 2014.

1. priusnoob78

priusnoob78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I bought a 2014 plugin prius yesterday. Inside the trunk there was a plastic bag with 2 parts still sealed. I opened it because had no idea what exactly it was.

Its 65632-47070 and 65631-47070. I tried to google those part numbers and it says they are mud guards but seems very difficult to figure where exactly they go. They don't seem to just fit lol. Anyone have an idea? They go behind the rear tire? in front of the rear tire? Behind the front tire? or infront of the front tire?

thanks for helping a noob out.

Attached Files:

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I suggest you bring it to your dealer at 5000 miles and have them install it, it should be installed when you picked up the car

SM-N900P ?

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hmmm. The 2013 I have has mud guards on it. The ones that are on our car are mounted on all four wheels. They are positioned trailing behind the tires as the car moves forward. In other words, they would be closer to the back than the front. They hang down a little bit from the fender arch and stick out a little bit on the side of the lower fender. They do seem to help with the wheel spray.

Look at the pic below. I think this will help you. I also agree you should have the dealer put them on when you take it in for the maintenance. Make ready should do it for you at N/C if it is a car you bought from them recently.

DSC01545.JPG

Notice the mud guard pictured above on the left hand side of the wheel. The mud guards are towards the rear of the car trailing the wheel on all four wheels. That should help you.

The above view is a pic of the right front wheel of the Gen III Prius which shows the OEM Ace 17" Wheels and the OEM mudguards.

Ron (dorunron)

4. priusnoob78

priusnoob78 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I got it installed. It went on the front of rear wheel well. I will try to take pics tomorrow