1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi Function Display compatibility GEN 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by BenBorg, Jan 18, 2024.

Tags:
  1. BenBorg

BenBorg New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    i-Tech
    Hi all,
    I have a 2004 i-tech with the following MFD
    86110-47071 7 keys, US version with navigation and Bluetooth
    I was wondering if it would be compatible with
    86110-47220 7 keys, US version with navigation and Bluetooth
    reason I ask is that I can purchase the 86110-47220 easily enough to replace my damaged unit.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I don't generally have a way to look up all the part numbers and all that business but here in the USA from 06 to '09 the navigation MFDs multifunction displays will swap between the one or two part numbers that exist and I don't know what they are I can go out and look I have them I think I have both of the different part numbers off sitting on a shelf in the shop and the reason I know they swap is because I took one out of one car with a peeling display. And put in the other number which was in perfect condition including the buttons plugged it all up the plugs were the same and everything is working so it works I even think you could possibly plug up a nav Bluetooth MFD and a car without those options and the thing might work as the regular four button MFD course it has more buttons so on and so forth but the buttons that need to work and the things that you need to see Can snd will be displayed. The plug that has the basic functions is the middle length wide plug that has the sideways spade type female connectors and the round pins mixed It's the only connector of the three or four that can connect to the MFD that look like this and every MFD has this plug no matter how many buttons it has I don't know the exact amount of pins but if you look for the plug that has the spades or the flat sideways looking connectors is about six of them and the rest are the little tiny round pins that plug goes to every MFD I do believe from 04 to '09 that's your basic four button MFD plug that houses the power and all of that for it to work this plug is the same on all of the MFDs if I'm not mistaken or the ones I have here which are four button and the other amount of buttons with nav and Bluetooth and whatever else.