1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi-Function Display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Davey Jones, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Davey Jones

Davey Jones New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Hi!

I purchased a used 2003 Prius last week. Since then, I have noticed a strange message (which has since disappeared). It said, " PS Main (battery) Problem." (Is this Power Surge? Power Steering?...) I have not seen it again since the single day it occured two days ago. I messed with some buttons, and now the screen is completely blank. It did not come with an owner's manual so I am not sure if this is a real problem, and I also don't know how to get the screen back up. Radio works, A/C works, screen boots up with Toyota display when I start the car, and the redio station is shown on the screen when I change stations. Other than that, it is blank and black. Are either of these real problems? Did I just turn the display off somehow? If so, how do I turn it back on?

I am sorry for the questions if they seem really stupid. Bear in mind that this is my first prius, and I only recently purchased it (with no owner's manual). I have purchased a manual online, and am waiting for its arrival. Please help!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    :welcome: Welcome to Priuschat, Davey.
    I personally don't have any experience with a pre-2004 Prius but there are many here who own them and service them. I'm sure they will be able to help.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "stupid" questions. The only worthless question is the one that doesn't get asked.

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Press the INFO button, to restore MFD operation.

PS stands for power steering. Do you notice unusual vibration in the steering column? If you notice any driveability issues, or see warning lights / error messages, please post the specifics.

4. Davey Jones

Davey Jones New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Screen is back on. Thanks!
    I did notice a popping sound during the turn while the message was displayed. Strangely though, when I drove it the next day, the message was gone, and it seemed to drive and turn normally.