1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi information display

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Rodney O, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Today in my 2007 Prius my multi information display didn't come on when I started it up. Any ideas on what it could be? I checked my owners manual and it is also on the same fuse as other things that are still working?

Sure hope this is a simple fix........please advise.

Thanks,

Rod

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The MFD receives 12V power via three fuses: ECU-B, ECU-IG, and ACC. Find each of these fuses and test continuity using an ohmmeter. Do not rely upon visual inspection.

If all three fuses are good, disconnect 12V power for a few minutes, by unbolting the 12V battery negative terminal cable where it bolts to the body. Then reconnect the battery and make sure all battery cable connections are tight.

See if the MFD now works. If it does not, you will need to install a replacement. You can buy a used unit on eBay, from autobeyours.com, from some salvage yards, etc. You will need to identify the part number by removing the old MFD. There are various MFD models based upon whether the car has navigation or not, backup camera or not, model year, etc.

another_tyson likes this.
  3. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Somehow I have lost the thread and the response to my question about my MFD quitting. Anyway, THANKS to the person who responded having me check the fuses and then disconnecting the negative battery terminal. Disconnecting the battery worked and now I understand this must be like hard booting my computer?

Thanks......you saved me a trip to the dealer and probably a bill of $100!

Best Regards,

Rod

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    correct. all the best.(y)

5. Rodney O

Rodney O Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks again and I simply love my Prius. I am a first time owner and now I understand what everyone meant when they said once you buy one you are hooked! I hope I can return your kindness by "passing it on" someday to a person that I can help!:)

KK6PD likes this.