1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multi-state HOV Stickers?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Alnilam, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Since the laws in various states differ, it occurred to me it might be possible for a Prius to have stickers for more than one state. Do any states have "guest" stickers for pilgrims? Is this possible and does anybody have dual (or higher) HOV privileges?

That's the thread question but my mind began to wander.....

Even if we could, who'd even consider defacing their beauty so blatantly? We'd start to look like life members of the Good Sam Club!

If a sticker gets you into the lane with only one person on board, two stickers should reduce this requirement even more, don't you think? The Prius, especially the "auto-park" Japanese model, is probably the only car smart enough to do this. Coastal could come up with the ultimate mod that links the NAV and steering systems. (Except on 2006 models, of course.) NAV command: "GO STORE - BREAD!"

Just a curiosity question. Back to my best friend Jack Daniel for more inspiration........ :blink:

2. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Aug 20 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]306275[/snapback]</div>
    Inneresting thought Al...and you and Jack DON'T fly big planes anymore, right? ;) ...

My feeb (aka feeble, aka "handicapped") placard works everywhere we have used it--several states, and Canada, England, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and France. So far. I guess these are not related, NOW, but maybe should be? Reciprocal privileges and all that sorta kinda thing?

OTOH, I haven't yet taken the Pri out of state (which, even after 14 years in CA, coming from New England, still seems weird to me...those days of six states and home again by nightfall...sigh...), so I doubt I'll ever need to test the theory. But DEFINITELY interesting food for thought!

BUT...MORE STICKERS ON MY BABY????

3. mcbrunnhilde

mcbrunnhilde Opera singin' Prius nut!

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I would think that a state would issue stickers only to cars registered in that state.

4. ivfarmboy

ivfarmboy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alnilam @ Aug 20 2006, 10:21 AM) [snapback]306275[/snapback]</div>

CA only issues to Registered CA drivers. I know because I called to make sure the previous owner, AZ driver, had not previously had CA stickers and the DMV individual told me that they only give them to CA drivers so there you go as far as CA is concerned. Be cool if AZ would let me get them for there, do a lot of driving there.