1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM - PRIUS III 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Thiago Primo, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Thiago Primo

Thiago Primo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hello All,

I have a 2010 Prius III, the car has a premium JBL sound system, with hands free calling and DVD player, but does not have video and i cannot use bluetooth for audio (only for calls).

I am interested in upgrading my unit to a complete multimedia system, I would like to have DVD player, back up camera, and video/audio sync from Iphone (Video and audio Podcasts/Netflix), i have been looking around the internet and found different units and would like to know which ones are better, the brands i found are Advent Products and Rosen. I am sure there are others out there.

I called my dealership and they said they can't do it with an original item, i don't know why.

Thank you!

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My Jeep Grand Cherokee has factory Nav/DVD/Satellite/Back-up Camera/etc. If the transmission is in park I can watch DVD's. Once it's shifted out of park the Nav screen comes on. If I disable Nav, a default screen comes on. They don't want you watching Zero Dark Thirty on the dash while you are driving.

3. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  4. Thiago Primo

Thiago Primo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I said the car has DVD player and has not! I misspelled!

5. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius