1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Multiple bluetooth phones in one Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by McShemp, Jan 28, 2006.

1. McShemp

McShemp New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    What happens?

I'm about to upgrade to a Razr and a lot of my friends have bletooth phones too. Does anyone know what happens when we're all in the car ... are all phones recognized? If so, what if a couple of phone calls come in at once?

2. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

In order for a phone to work with the Prius, it has to be registered with the car. You go though a short sequence using the MFD.

You can register multiple phones (up to six I recall).

You have to tell the MFD which of the registered phones you want to use. It will always try to connect to just that one phone until you tell the MFD to switch to another one.

So any other bluetooth users getting into your car should be unaffected, unless you go through the process of registering and selecting their phone.

- Bob R.

(These comments apply to 2006 Prius models with Nav. I don't know about other years/packages.)

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bobr1's right, about 2005's too. You can pair multiple phones, but only one at a time can be active. So you get to use the hands-free speaker phone...