1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Music between the Motorola Droid and 05 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Virodeath, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Trying to figure out the best way to get music to my Prius from my Motorola Droid. I have the 05 Prius with NAV & Bluetooth, JBL system, not seeing a way to stream the music via bluetooth unless I am just missing it.

Anyone help me out with suggestions or a solution?

Viro

2. Branndon

Branndon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    how about at least the phone book? lol I cant get either

3. tranders

tranders Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  4. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I doubt a hack can be done. Just use the Aux port, and be glad that you even have that option to begin with.

5. Ophbalance

Ophbalance Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The 07 might have one, but the 05 will not. For the OP, the only real option is to use the tape deck (provided you have one), or get one of the many AUX input devices out on the market. I cheaped out and just bought a tape AUX thing since I don't have the time/money/inclination to install a real AUX adapter for now.

6. alanh

alanh Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    The Gen II doesn't have the right Bluetooth profile (A2DP) for acting as stereo speakers, so it's the AUX in or an adapter.

7. Virodeath

Virodeath New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well I picked up an "Ultimate Camera Lockpick" from Prius Accessories and got me a set of AUX inputs, then i ran a wire over to my Droid (under the dash plastic and under plastic that runs between wind shield and door). That gives me some real nice music in the Prius, I can stream Pandora which was my goal. The only thing that sucks is you also have to have a micro (B) USB cable running to the Droid car dock otherwise the screen will always dim which is a pain in the but.

However the install was not quite the "perfect" install I was looking for. I am unhappy with the 3.5mm plug that is installed in the Droid.. Looks like crap sticking out. As for the USB connection, I just added a 90 degree adapter and that cut down on that cable being so viewable. This might not be such a big deal except I mounted the car dock in the upper left corner of the windshield so it is very viewable.

I am looking at these options for going wireless audio to Stereo:

[​IMG]KENSINGTON LIQUIDAUX BLUETOOTH CAR KIT CHARGER REMOTE

Bluetooth Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (NEW)

Motorola T605 In-Dash Car Kit Music Bluetooth V9 iPhone

These are the inexpensive options but each has their drawbacks. I am trying to find one that you can disable the calling feature so it doesn't conflict with the Prius phone..

Viro

8. jlowen

jlowen Junior Member

As far as I know the Prius (like many other cars) doesn't support A2DP Bluetooth profiles which allow for streaming music.