1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Music from iPhone/iPod

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bramesh, Feb 16, 2010.

1. bramesh

bramesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The music from iPhone/iPod connected through AUX port does not sound good. It sounds as though it is played inside a well. Is anyone experiencing the same?:confused:

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble. My iPod 5G sounds great. Make sure you turn the volume on the iPod to max and then use your head unit volume controls to change the volume level. I also use a cable with good shielding.

3. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you prefer not to listen to heavy distortion, put your iPod volume at closer to 70%. Putting it to max is OK if you have the volume limiter turned on.

4. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Which ipod do you have?
    It may be your volume as others have said. It may be wiring from ipod to the aux port or aux port into the radio.

The best quality will be from line out of the ipod or iphone. This is part of the larger connector. You can buy a line out cable that just plugs into the aux port, or something more expensive like the liquidaux, that has an accessory plug for power and a remote control.

5. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    the bluetooth connect is really clear from the iPhone

6. richard13

richard13 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Are you trying to use an iPhone or an iPod? I find that the iPhone works well with BT and my iPod does an even better job (functionality wise) via the USB port. May I ask why you are attempting to use the AUX port in the first place?

7. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, you are correct. I should not have said "max".

On my iPod 5G, it seems to sound better when the iPod is set around 90 - 95%. I can get adequate volume out of the head unit without any hum or distortion. I tried it coming to work this morning and I can't get enough volume to overcome road noise if I set the iPod much lower.

8. bramesh

bramesh New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use the latest version of iPod and iPhone. I had to increase the volume to 90% in the iPod to get some decent gain in the audio set. I am using a good quality audio socket to connect to the Aux. i still feel it does not compare to the CD quality audio.

I have connected my iphone to the audio set using bluetooth but for some reason i am able to use the phone well but when i play nusic in the iphone it would not play. Can someone share how you went about to set up the iphone with audio system to play music via bluetooth?

9. alokeprasad

alokeprasad Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    BT music streaming is available only with Navigation systems. Cars without Nav can do phone calls only via BT.

10. sarahap

sarahap Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I just picked up my Prius today! I did not see how to stream music from my iphone 3gs via BT. My son's iphone 3g worked using the aux port, my 3gs would not. Any thoughts on why that is?

thanks

11. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    See Post #9
    Jim