1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Must have accessories? 2011

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by AStuke, Oct 5, 2011.

1. AStuke

AStuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What are some of the "must have" accessories...

For convenience, keeping the car scratch and dent free, etc etc...lay em' on me with links. LOL

2. wernolabound

wernolabound Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It gets hot in STL so get tinting. Lots of glass on these... I didn't like the "mouse fir" seat covers and invested in Wet Okole seat covers. I've been very pleased with them. I took off the hub caps and bought center covers. I like those much better. I'd like wheels and tires but - HEH! - this is SUPPOSED to be an economy / green car - isn't it?

3. AStuke

AStuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    LoL @ "mouse fur".

It doesn't bother me too much, but a cover that was more plush and thick might be nice!!!

How much does window tinting cost? It would look gorgeous on the blizzard pearl! :p

4. JC Prii

JC Prii New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Just had mine done in pennsylvania 20% for all 10 windows for $235(all but windshield). well worth it!

1 person likes this.
  5. green4u

green4u New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If you want "dent free" accessories people will tell you to get a clear bra. But those can cost $850 so IMHO, it's not worth it. People who have it will suck you in and tell you it's worth it, but there's nothing convenient about $850. I'm not paying that much money for an "upgrade" that you can't even see. Plus even if you get tiny dents in the hood, it'd cost less to fix them when you're ready to sell the car or whatever. Just a warning.

Regarding dent/scratch-free accessories. Keep your car garaged if you can, park far away from other cars, and just hope for the best.

1 person likes this.
  6. Timw

Timw Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Everybody to their own I guess, I'm sure not well off, but living in Southern PA with the salt and cinders does chip paint, I drive 70 miles round trip and even so far with 5000 miles back and forth to work with little to no traffic I have got some small chips in my front bumper. Hate to see what the winter will bring, The Prius has a soft paint from what I've read and I bought the Sandy Beach color hoping to hide the imperfections that happen. But I noticed that the base coat looks to be very dark so the chips really show up. I just had the clear bra installed on mine Monday. But I would go nuts to spend the amount for my car and end up after one winter looking like crap!

7. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    A cargo net is pretty convenient (from the dealership).

From the PC shop here, you can browse for 2010+ accessories and I would take the Heatshield sunshade. It's a bit clumsy to put up but it is custom designed for the Prius' windshield.

A cargo mat (carpeted) or cargo liner (rubber) for the cargo area to protect the original carpeting.

8. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. You have a II, so fog lights will get rid of those "blanks" in the front of the car.

2. I liked the lit door sills, but it really isn't something that is seen, much.

3. Probably my best investment was to replace the interior bulbs (I couldn't find the link or posts, but look in this section for a link to something like superbrightbulbs.com). My girlfriend really likes the white bulbs when putting on her makeup in the car rather than the yellowish tint the stock lights give. Try to find the post for this as it will give you the part number.

4. I installed the brushed chrome lower door trim. I'm not sure how it will look on Blizzard Pearl but I like it on my Metallic Blue.

5. The door edge trim (the one that you put on the outside end of the door so if you open your door against a wall or something, it won't chip your door). It matches your car color, not the generic clear ones.

6. And probably the best investment you can do (but I don't have enough money to do it, yet) is to get extra keys made. For me, I thought 4 would be best: One to use, one to hide inside the car, one spare to keep at home and one spare for my girlfriend to keep. If you lose what you have, you will be in big trouble.

As you can see, I'm not spending too much money to modify my car (yet). I would also like new seat covers and a head unit with a backup camera. But they cost too much for my current budget.

Mike

9. OverTork

OverTork Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With winter fast approaching here in Michigan I'm starting out with a set of Husky Weatherbeater floor liners. Front and rear seats for $88.95 with free shipping at Street Side Auto. You can add the cargo liner for another $71.95. I've already ordered them even though my car won't arrive for another week.

10. malamalama

malamalama Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Question (not trying to be a smart alec, just trying to understand): How would you hide a key in the car? Unless you're not talking about a smart key... I thought it wasn't even possible to lock the doors with a smart key still inside the car.

11. goodtimes

goodtimes my future is righteousness

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    ----USA----
    too keep your new car looking new at all times.... go for a full clear bra... Expensive but well worth it... Why risk getting damages to the front bumper, mirrors, front fenders, inside door handle, top rear bumper, hood..... You save more $$$ if you do resale and not repaint... I got mine done for $600 and all that I mentioned was done with 100% warranty and top of the line product... You just got to shop your area...

12. goodtimes

goodtimes my future is righteousness

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    ----USA----
    too keep your new car looking new at all times.... go for a full clear bra... Expensive but well worth it... Why risk getting damages to the front bumper, mirrors, front fenders, inside door handle, top rear bumper, hood..... You save more $$$ if you do resale and not repaint... I got mine done for $600 and all that I mentioned was done with 100% warranty and top of the line product... You just got to shop your area...

WeatherTech matts are a must too

13. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It needs to be inside an antistatic type envelop like computer parts come wrapped in. You can test this by putting you key fob in one, wrapping it up, and then see if the car detects it. Make sure it's the ONLY key fob in the area when you test it.

14. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I am shifting over to winter-tires with studs this weekend. I picked them up yesterday.

15. DumbMike

DumbMike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Also, you can take the battery out of the fob.

Mike

16. Feri

Feri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

When my wife leaves her handbag in the car with the spare key in it, I can lock the car by pressing the lock button on the fob but not with the touch sensor on the door handle.

17. AStuke

AStuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have never been able to successfully lock a fob in the car - not in the 09.... not in the 11... LOL

18. AStuke

AStuke New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Also, I have several fobs for the 11. I am adding the cool chrome door trims to my list! /squeal

I am thinking of getting a neat window clingy for that back black hatch window.... the kind that looked like etched glass. Or am I going gaudy too fast? lol