1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My '05 is 1 Year Old Today!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Widdletink, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Widdletink

Widdletink Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    Hi All,

Long time no talk. Things have been wonderful this past year and I attribute most of that "wonderful" to my beautiful silver Prius.

It was one year ago today at 7pm PST that I drove off the lot with my brand spankin' new car. I considered celebrating with a party at Chuck E. Cheese and a clown but I don't know any other clowns (besides myself) that I would hire for my car's party and the car won't fit in the door of the pizza place so...

Instead, I decided to mark the occasion in the best way a Pruis owner can, by doing a "tale of the tape", so here it is!

29635 Total Miles driven
    45.475 MPG Lifetime overall average
    $1651.81 Total Spent in Gas Purchases
    $2.53/Gal. Average paid ($1.99 9/10 lowest all-time price paid, $3.03 9/10 highest)
    $0.06/Mile actually spent

Then, just for fun, I decided to figure out how much I would have used or spent had I driven a comparably sized vehicle getting 25 MPG average...
    29635 Total Miles Driven
    25 MPG (Hypothetical)
    $2999.06 Potential Fuel Cost @ $2.53/Gal Average
    $0.10/Mile Potential
    553.724 Gallons SAVED!
    $1347.25 NOT SPENT IN FUEL COSTS
    $0.04 SAVED FOR EVERY MILE DRIVEN

My only additional maintenance costs were $100 (approx.) for the replacement of a tire and for the purchase of road hazard coverage for all tires. My oil changes are done at every 5000 mile interval and are complementary as a purchase incentive from my dealership.

Not too shabby! Boy, you've got to love this car! Now, I need to go and figure out what I am going to do with the $1300 in cold hard cash I have saved so far!

Take care all and happy motoring!

Tisza