1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 07 Prius Touring Edition

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wayne60014, Apr 29, 2007.

1. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    -

2. Darken

Darken Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Alright I'll bite where are the pics?

In the meantime, welcome to the group and good luck with your new car!

3. bradysplace

bradysplace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wayne60014 @ Apr 29 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]432125[/snapback]</div>
    Now thats stealth. Welcome and enjoy your PT. Greg

4. priussoris

priussoris New Member

Pretty damn cool the new INVISA CAMO paint

5. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi wayne60014

CONGRATS on your new '07 Touring. I traded my 2004 Prius for my 2007 Touring last November when the Touring Edition was just reaching the market in Texas.

I had the opportunity to test drive both a new "Standard" and "Touring" to compare. I preferred the tighter, firmer suspension and the 16" rims with Bridgestone Turanza tires. After trying tire pressures at 40 psi front/38 rear (as I had run my 2004 Prius), I backed down to the Toyota recommended 35/33 psi. While I likely lost a little MPG, I do prefer the ride at the lower pressures. The HID headlights are somewhat better than the old Halogens. They provide brighter illumination with a wider pattern which lights the curbs and highway markers much better. As for the fog lights, they're 'cute' but provide very little useful illumnitaion.

Give yourself at least 5,000 miles before arriving at an opinion of MPG, some Prius owners have experienced gains in fuel economy for 7,000 or more miles. There's also a 'learning curve' for you at the wheel. I believe you will find your driving habits change noticeably as you become accustomed to the Prius.

HAVE FUN :)

6. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks and Sorry guys,

I tried to post a few pictures but for some reason its not accepting the attachment upload from my document folder. Any suggestions?

BTW my prius is Artic White, so I guess it did blend in with the white background here : )
    I wanted to post a few pics with the new factory Toyota front end Bra installed just to give you guy an idea of how it looks. I'll try it again this evening, hopefully it'll work.

Wayne

7. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wayne60014 @ May 1 2007, 07:18 AM) [snapback]433359[/snapback]</div>
    Try uploading the pics again tonight, I guess the previous files were too large.

Wayne

[attachmentid=7797]
    [attachmentid=7794]
    [attachmentid=7796]

Attached Files:

8. Green Hokie

Green Hokie Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Wayne, nice vehicle. My only suggestion is to ditch that vinyl front end bra and get yourself one of those clear bras (made by 3M or other manufacturers). In my opinion, those black vinyl bras are one of the worst things you can put on a car. They are great at preventing paint chips/scratches from road debris, etc... However, at the same time, dirt/moisture can get trapped between the bra and paint surface and eventually do more harm than good. Also, after a few years, you will probably get uneven oxidation/wear between the protected and unprotected areas of your vehicle. This will not be quite as noticeable since you have white paint. However, on vehicles with darker colors, the difference in appearance & wear can be quite dramatic.

I got a professional installer to put one of those clear bras on my touring and absolutely love it. It's almost invisible when you stand within a 2-3 feet of the vehicle (and you really have to be looking for it) and completely invisible at 6 feet and beyond. I can wash & wax the clear bra just like any other part of my car and it's guaranteed not to harm your paint, become discolored or feel off. I like this clear film so much, I also had my installer place a strip on the horizontal surface of my rear bumper to protect it from scrapes when placing/removing items from the rear cargo area. It's completely invisible and therefore looks much better than that black rubber bumper protector that is available from Toyota.

I highly recommend doing some research on this product. Do a search in this forum (or the internet) on "clear bra" and you should get some good information.

Again, congratulations on your new ride and ENJOY!!

9. dnoh

dnoh New Member

Yeah, you really have to take the bra off. Either no bra or clear bra. Black Bra is so 1990. I had my 240SX when I was in college, I had that bra too. I thought it was pretty cool but now I think about it, I have no idea what I was thinking. Although I had to drive long distance, it was pretty good. Get a clear bra, I am thinking about getting one but it's little too expensive. I am still searching for better price.

BTW, I love your car.

10. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

11. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dnoh @ May 2 2007, 12:48 PM) [snapback]434033[/snapback]</div>
    You are welcome to your opinion about the 3M clear bra, but for others reading thru these posts.
    I have the 3M clear bra and now have 24,000 miles on my 2006 prius and not a single paint chip.
    I have been keeping a close eye on this because I didn't think something like a piece of scotch tape could protect against rock chips..... but it really does work.

If I had to choose between that UGLY vinyl bra and paint chips, I would rather have paint chips!

12. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Nice and congrats! I agree get rid of that bra and put on a clear one. I went with Venture Shield, guaranteed for life. I love it and it looks great too. http://www.ventureshield.com/

13. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess everyone is entitle to their opinion but I kinda like the look of it with the black bra. :D

[attachmentid=7857]

[attachmentid=7858]

Attached Files:

14. cireecnop1

cireecnop1 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TWEENKIES!!!!

Great Choice of color, I love the white, but it's actually called Super White.

I opted for the clear bra, but I do agree that the black looks good a white car. Now you just need tinted windows. :D

[attachmentid=7861]

Attached Files:

15. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomorrowMatters @ May 5 2007, 08:12 AM) [snapback]435974[/snapback]</div>
    May I ask what dealer you went to in Colorado? I want a car just like yours! Tint and all ... what is the % on the tint? They don't send out the Super White touring around here. How decent of a deal did you get? Did you go with the bisque or the gray interior? I am leaning towards bisque, but otherwise I want an '07 Touring Pkg #5. Were there quite a few tournings on the lot when you purchased? And when did you purchase? :) Sorry for all the questions ... Thanks in advance!

16. wayne60014

wayne60014 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TomorrowMatters @ May 5 2007, 06:12 AM) [snapback]435974[/snapback]</div>

Nice Car, Love the tinted windows! :)

Your right, it is calles Super White. My 07 Camry is also Super White. I am planning on getting the windows tinted on both sometime soon. I am glad that I was able to get the touring Edition in Super White, I had my dealership search all the Toyota dealer in the Seattle area and they were the only one that had the TE Super White, it was still in the container at the dock when I purchased it, according to him the Touring Edition in Super White are very hard to get! :p