1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

my 07 steering off center and pulls to the right bad

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CheapChic, Mar 2, 2007.

1. CheapChic

CheapChic New Member

I just got my Prius and the steering wheel of crooked to the left and
    going down the road, it drifts to the right.

If I straigten my steering wheel, it goes to the right

I have never had a new car do this????

ps it only had 50 miles on it

2. D1CK1E

D1CK1E New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapChic @ Mar 2 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]399342[/snapback]</div>
    Did you even drive it before you bought it? Bring it back and complain.

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Sometimes the wheel alignment gets whacked during shipping. The dealer should have noticed. They should give you a free alignment and all will be well.

4. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :angry: I had the same problem to a lesser degree - my new Prius had a slight drift to the right. As Bill mentioned above, it's not unusual for a new car to be out of alignment due to shipping. He's right, your dealer SHOULD have noticed it and re-aligned it during 'make ready.'

In my case, I went back for a forgotten item [mud guards] and the selling dealer's service department apparently disregarded my request thus convincing me to return to the service department which had cared for my 2004 Prius for more than two years. Not only did they re-align properly, but they provided a "before and after" report of the readings. You have no obligation to have your Prius serviced where you bought it - Toyota dealers are appropriately paid for warranty service and initial or early alignment problems fall into that category.

5. CheapChic

CheapChic New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Mar 3 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]399500[/snapback]</div>
    thanks

i will be there asap