1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2004 Prius engine light and maintenance required light are on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by hwsizzlers, Sep 10, 2015.

1. hwsizzlers

hwsizzlers New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My 2004 Prius engine light and maintenance required lights are on again the very next day after I paid to have the catalytic converter replaced. What's going on with my Prius?! Did the Auto Repair place misdiagnose the problem?

2. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Can't help you with the check engine light without any codes, but the maintenance required light is nothing to worry about. The maintenance light turns on 5000 miles after it was last turned off to remind you to change the oil.

3. hwsizzlers

hwsizzlers New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Both trouble lights were cleared after my Prius was repaired yesterday. I drove home from the auto repair place yesterday and the trouble lights were not on. I live about 1.5 miles from the auto garage. This morning when I stated my Prius the trouble lights came on and stayed on my 40 mile trip to work. I drove my Prius at lunch time today and both lights are on again. I'm taking my Prius back to the auto repair place at 4:30 PM to have them get the fault codes. I will let you know what they are later.