1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2007 Prius: My A/C has Stopped-no blower just hear a Hum

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by imOCD4a_prius, Dec 27, 2018.

1. imOCD4a_prius

imOCD4a_prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Hello Group, Yesterday my A/C WOULD not GO ON. tHERE'S A HUMMING SOUND WHEN THE a/c BUTTON ON the dash is pressed but No blower. What can I do b-4 I have to take it into my dealer who's 68 miles 1-way from home ???
    how would I get a code or reading ?? Could it be a fuse ? Money's is very tight-I'd like to experience a Christmas Miracle and i'm NOT afraid to get my hands dirty. thank you for reading and, sorry for the caps-my cap button sticks.
    fyi: 2007 lEVEL 5 Prius; 145k miles; recent oil change & levels checked by dealer. Please inform me it you need to know more info. Thanks again, Don

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. Try different fan speeds to see if it'll turn on.
    2. You can check if the blower fan is working (under the cabin air filter, behind the lower glove box).
    3. If you can get the blower fan to work with a 12v power source, then you would need to replace the controller that's plugged in next to the fan

SFO likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    start by removing the glovebox door and the cabin filter. the fan is underneath

4. imOCD4a_prius

imOCD4a_prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    8:55pm EDT__Thanks TO BOTH jc & bISCO. i think i'm going 2 get dressed & try out your suggestions. it's not easy to sleep when one;s a/c has quite down here in fl. thanks again-i'll keep you posted. regards, Don

bisco likes this.
  5. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's a good thing it's winter time

6. Skibob

Skibob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Does it hum if you turn the heater on?

7. imOCD4a_prius

imOCD4a_prius Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE Folks, I'm THRILLED to announced that in less than 10 min. I opened the lower glove box; took out the cabin filter & simply, gently made the fan spin w/ a long thin screwdriver. YES, it did hum w/ heater & A/C on so i knew it was getting "juice" (current). After removing all the stuff that was in the glovebox & spinning the fan--I moved over to the driver's seat and....V I O L A . . . .A/C !!! HEAT !!! I was thrilled & relieved that we not only had A/C here in Fl. but especially the fact that my wallet again escaped the far-reaching hands of the Grim Reaper !! Thanks to the helpful suggestions of priuschat.com. Have a safe & Happy New Year's Eve and upcoming 2019. THANKS AGAIN, Don

SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  8. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can order an after market fan now, your fan is probably on its last legs. Just a few screws to remove and it's relatively cheap

Skibob and SFO like this.