1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2010 Prius IV is 4 Weeks Old Today

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by lovemypriustoo, Mar 19, 2011.

1. lovemypriustoo

lovemypriustoo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    ;)My 2010 Prius IV Blizzard Pearl is 4 Weeks Old Today! Driving Impressions So Far
    :cheer2:
    Did I say I love, love, love my Prius? Everyone should drive a Prius - it's really fun!
    1. I do not miss my 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL at all which got 20 mpg. I used to buy gas 2 to 3 times a week for $20 each time so I spent $40 to $60 per week. Now I buy gas once a week for less than $20 and get change back as well! Today I bought gas for $16.55 @ $3.69 per gallon and got change back from my $20. I averaged 47.55 mpg, and I am delighted! My first fill up I averaged 43.2 mpg when it was cold and sleeting rain. Now the weather is about 40 degrees (a heat wave for us), and my mpg is 47.55 - amazing! I now have 780 miles on my car.
    2. My daily commute round trip to work is 40 miles - 25% expressway and 75% city streets/highways during heavy rush hour stop-and-go traffic in the evening. I drive in Power mode on the expressway and have no problem merging, keeping up with traffic or passing slower vehicles. The Prius has more than enough power when you need to accelerate from a dead stop onto a busy expressway or crowded intersection.
    3. When driving on city streets, I drive in Normal mode and keep it in the "Eco" area most of the time.
    4. If you are thinking of buying a Prius, do not hesitate! The ride is smooth, comfortable and very roomy -- and you have all the instant power when you need it so not to worry. Saving money and helping the environment at the same time is a no brainer!

2. bretaz

bretaz Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your new ride! You made a great choice.

3. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your Prius. Have fun as you continue to use all the functionality, options and technology your Prius offers.

BTW, I keep my Prius in ECO mode all the time; hoping to max my MPG opportunity. I never use Power mode. I guess I can push my pedal down further if I need to expressway merge.

4. compac

compac PSU, Metallic Blue Ribbon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome aboard and Happy 1st month!