1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2012 Prius C 2

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Terry Kimble, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Terry Kimble

Terry Kimble Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Maybe some of you can shed light on this conundrum I am having. Mind you, I have tested the 12v, according to my load tester it's decent. As you'll see in the pic, dr. prius battery monitor shows the HV has good voltage as well. I am posting 2 pictures one has the battery error code from dr. prius as well. All the car does when I turn the key on is flash the ready, but never engages fully. I do not have the push button start either, just a regular ignition on my 2012 Prius C. I should note as well, when I open the door to get in the car, I can hear the electric motor winding up as it always used to before this. When this started was after I removed the HV battery for corrosion removal on the posts. (It was running perfect prior and I should have listened to my head saying if it's not broke don't fix it) But after cleaning all the connection up and running voltage tests on all cells (they were perfect btw) I put it back in. It ran fine for about a week, then one morning I get up to go to work and it gives me the hybrid system warning, and only flashes the ready for a second. I've replaced the relays on one end and the battery voltage sensor and it doesn't change anything. I've checked every single fuse in the car as well, under the hoods and dash. I'm trying to avoid having it towed to the dealer, any ideas would be helpful. thanks, Terry

Attached Files:

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    any corrosion at the battery ecu?

did you torque everything down properly?

you are probably gonna need tech stream for the trouble codes and sub codes

Terry Kimble likes this.
  3. Terry Kimble

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Where is the battery ECU Bisco? I don't remember the torque specs atm, but I did look them up. Tech stream? Meaning a dealer?

4. Terry Kimble

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    What's also odd to me is that it took a full week or more to mess up after I cleaned it all up. As I stated, I should have just left well enough alone.

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the ecu is inside the case from what i've read. dealer or a good hybrid/toyota shopshould have tech stream.
    or there are threads here on setting it up yourself

Terry Kimble likes this.
  6. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    what did you end up doing? I would have pulled the battery back out and see if anything had come loose.