1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2017 Prime Plus VS Yaris iA

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Andyprius1, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Andyprius1

Andyprius1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Because of a rear end collision I was forced into a rental car for about ten days A highly enraged 39 year old child decided I was wrong and he was right. He ends up in penalty box and costs to his insurance company is around $5000. A portion of the rear bumper plus smalll panel just in front of left rear corner. He managed
    to knock off the inner stem of the TPMS plus destroy the hubcap. In order to repair, the entire rear bumper
    must come off plus new HOV stickers. Incidently his vehicle hit my left rear corner with his right front corner while attempting a left turn, with NO space. Sort of a slide into 3rd base going 50 mph, then corrected too late !
    Driving the Yaris has put me back to 2005, my last ICE machine. Steering not as smooth as Prius, no center arm rest, of course way less power. My Mpgs went from 160 to 32. ( same daily route ) No center arm rest.
    It does have a few advantages to my Prime, signal lights on mirrors, better side mirrors, they seem to be wider angle so no blind spot, plus more visible depth. A nice Trunk, built for humans and a trunk release built
    in with fob to open partially. Doors seem to open wider also.
    At age 21 I would have loved this car but all my Prii have spoiled me. I figure if the car can’t get at least
    100 mpg there’s something wrong with it!

Tideland Prius and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i'm sorry to hear about your damage, hope it comes out perfect! the yaris is a nice looking car and you're right, great for young people on a budget.

Andyprius1 likes this.