1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

My 2018 Prius Prime sold to my daughter :)

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by NSXT, Jun 6, 2023.

1. NSXT

NSXT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Since the pandemic, I've been working from home a lot and even now heading to the office only 2 times a week so I really don't need 2 cars.

My daughter insisted on having a used car, no brainer to take it from me (tax free flip and A1 condition).

I have replaced my 2020 NX300h with a 2024 NX450h+ (waiting time of 13+months) vs 24 months for a RAV4 Prime. Otherwise RAV4 Prime is the best of both worlds and best bang for the bucks!

I will still stick around searching this forum from time to time to learn tricks from the experts :cool:

road2cycle and Tideland Prius like this.
  2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  3. NSXT

NSXT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Before I ordered my NX450h+ they told me it could take 24-36 months to get a RAV4 Prime. I backed out the BZ4x before the wheel recall as it did not have a memory seat even with the top trim. The Lexus RZ is not that of a luxury, the hood has no shocks to hold it and way too expensive with no rebates.. that is how I got this NX450h+

I got it less than a month ago. I find some EV info lacking compared to my Prius Prime. They still don't consider putting the HV/EV button at the steering wheel as I love to flip it so often for efficiency.

It lacks the LED charging light at the bottom of the front windshield like the Prime does. The Lexus app does give that information but it won't give you the Kwh charge. The app info is free for the first 3 years then have to subscribe :(

I will miss my Prime for sure .. since day 1 getting 1.9L/100kms and 11.9kwh/100kms. This NX cant match it for sure :(

Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah but the Prime can’t match the build quality and workmanship of the NX. As well as the material quality.

5. NSXT

NSXT Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    True! Happy Wife Happy Life and once you have driven a Lexus or any Luxury, you cant go back :rolleyes:

Tideland Prius likes this.